Thursday, March 31, 2011

The nerve...

When I was a little girl, I was OBSESSED with Selena. Well, really I think a mix of JLO playing Selena too. I don't sing, I am not a dancer, I didn't speak Spanish, so I don't really know why said obsession took place but it did. and it was very real. I chalk it up to a couple of reasons 1. being  Selena is from Texas (Corpus Christi to be exact) so there is the Texas pride (duh!) and 2. I'm still, I'm still, Jenny from the block. gotta love JLO.


But seriously, I would watch that movie that it was my job. and bawl my eyes out every. single. time. Picture it. bleach blonde, blue eyed 10 year old girl bawling her eyes out watching Selena. I wonder what my parents thought I was smoking....

Portrait

Anywho TODAY is the anniversary of her death (R.I.P.) I was reminded this morning, thanks to a friend who knows about my childhood obsession and kindly reminded me on my facebook wall. It is still so sad to me she died at such a young age! She was so talented and SO many people loved her!

Therefore, I'm not sure why today is not a national holiday... but maybe certain people who declare national holiday's aren't aware what TODAY is.. cmon people, respect!



Thank you to Selena and JLO for hours and hours of joy for my childhood!

Always follow your dreams people!
(and be careful who you hire as your manager)

2 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh I used to watch that movie all the time too! So sad

    ReplyDelete
  2. P.S. I nominated you for a blog award! :) Check it out!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments truly bring me BLISS! Thank you!!