Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Day 2 & Happy Birthday Texas!!

Day 2 of the blog challenge – post a picture of you and the person you have been closest with the longest

63624_1381590549690_1529730507_31694824_4798437_n

It would definitely be my sister. hello, we grew up together! I can’t help but crack up laughing at memories of us as kids. We had so much fun switching bedrooms, sleeping in the same bed (we still do when she comes to visit without her fiancé), playing with Barbie dolls, jumping on the trampoline, fighting over clothes (thank you Jesus, not boys!), laughing uncontrollably, and so many other great times. I love you KaKa (what I used to call her when I couldn’t say Karen Smile) and still have so much fun with you. I can’t wait to see you in 2 weeks!

in other news….

Today is my great state’s 175th birthday!!

image

An attorney I work with sent the following in an e-mail today and I just love it!

“On March 2, 1836, Texas declared its independence from Mexico. The Alamo, which had been under siege since February 23, would fall four days later, but the Republic of Texas would win its independence on April 21, 1836 at the Battle of San Jacinto.

“You can all go to hell, I’m going to Texas” Davy Crockett reportedly said this to his former constituents in Tennessee after he lost his re-election bid for the House of Representatives.  Davy Crockett died on March 6, 1836 at the Alamo.

When JFK visited the Alamo and said he wanted to exit through the back door to avoid the crowds in front, he was told “that’s why they were all heroes, there is no back door.”

image

I am so proud to be a Texan! Happy 175th Birthday, Texas!! You’re still lookin’ good!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments truly bring me BLISS! Thank you!!