Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Diamonds are a girl’s best friend

Although my jewelry box might not be overflowing with diamonds just yet… totally kidding! my most prized possession is my jewelry collection and I love every piece no matter what they cost, in fact some of my favorites are the cheaper ones found on a whim!

meet my display!

image I love it so much because it is so big, has a spot for everything, and I love that it hangs on my wall. I got this organizer as a Christmas present and when I asked my mom where she found it, to my surprise, she said JC Penny!

When you purchase it, it comes like the photo below

image

Although, I do love the picture slots, I decided to take that part out and just leave the glass so I could always see my lovely collection!

I have to tell you since displaying my jewelry on my wall like this, getting dressed is more fun, I wear my pieces a lot more, and as I am getting dressed I can either choose what outfit I want to wear based on the jewelry or vice versa!

Another idea I love for jewelry storage is the floor length mirror that opens up to your jewelry. This is for the ones who may want there jewelry at a close distance but maybe not on display at all times

image

However, these store bought organizers can get a little pricey I know a couple of bloggers who achieved fabulous jewelry organization at a very low cost!

First take a look at this:

image

Speechless..

I love what Megan at Honey We’re Home not only did with her entire closet but what she did with her jewelry as well

image

The back of her closet door she has her necklaces hanging on cheap clear peel and stick command hooks

image

Then she also has a drawer for her rings, earrings, and bracelets. You can find those organizers at target or the container store for a cheap price.

image

image

She also keeps some of them on top of her dresser – love those bowls!

I also love what Allison at Smart and Sassy with Sprinkles did with her jewelry! She even included a lot of details about how she accomplished this wonderful organization so you can do it too!

image

This is in her bathroom.

To the left where the necklaces are hung they are really just hung on the wall and on a laundry drying accordion thing – I love that she put a border around them

image

To the right are frames that she painted and glued netting to the frame to hold her earrings with hook backs

(visit her blog to see a step by step tutorial!)

image

She also keeps her rings and her more everyday expensive jewelry on her counter in these glass and crystal dishes

image

One was found at a flea market and the other for $3 at a consignment show

image

I love the bracelet holder she has! Her mom found it at a garage sale! I need to find me one of those!

image

Here is another one of those frames with the netting – this one for her earrings with post backs.

I love her organization system and that she has different ways to store certain items and for a VERY affordable price! And I love that her jewels are displayed throughout her entire bathroom! I bet her husband just loves it! Smile

No matter how you decide to display your jewelry there are plenty of easy and really budget friendly ways to do so!

How do you display your jewels??

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the shout out!! I'm going to add your blog to my featured post at the end of the month:) I love your collection of jewelry!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How awesome :-) I'll have to do a similar post sometime even though my displays are not nearly as great as this! Hope you're having a good week!

    <3 Megan
    A Suitcase and Stilettos

    ReplyDelete

Your comments truly bring me BLISS! Thank you!!