Tuesday, February 22, 2011

What’s been bringin’ me bliss

I’m not sure if anyone is out there reading but if you have been, sorry I have been a little MIA. It’s funny how those 10 page papers sneak up on you out of nowhere Winking smile

It has been a LONG couple of days.. but after a few of these

image

I am feeling MUCH better…

*I know, I know, it’s a Tuesday but hey, it is National Margarita Day so I HAD to pay tribute to one of my favorite drinks.

Anywho, I wanted to share what has been bringing me bliss this week (besides the ritas, obviously)

1. Wearing clothes that I considered throwing away, only to be pleasantly surprised with multiple compliments!

I started a new goal when I was cleaning out and rearranging my closet this weekend and that was to start saving more money and wear what I have! I tend to get in the habit of wearing the same outfits in a cycle and when I get sick of them, I huff and puff that I have NOTHING to wear and decide that I just HAVE to go shopping. Does this sound familiar?? Well I realized that was a really bad habit that I needed to kick! Therefore, I arranged my closet by color and decided to simply start on the left and work my way down!

Here was the outcome for work on Monday

OOTD

ootd2

shoes

Black Cardigan – Target

Ruffle blouse – Loehmanns

Black Pants – Express

Shoes – Steve Madden

So what do you think??

I haven’t worn the blouse or the shoes in months because the “mustardy” color is sort of out of my comfort zone (I tend to wear black, brown, or red). But I had multiple people tell me how cute I looked and some even asked if I went shopping this weekend! I’m telling you people, what a quick and CHEAP concept! Instead of running out and spending money on more clothes to stuff in your closet, simply start wearing the items you haven’t touched in a while – this is sure to not only save you tons of cash but also renew a love for an outfit you may have forgotten about!

2. A new manicure

image

and even better, it was FREE!

well.. not completely. On Friday I went to the nail salon and tried the new Shellac nails.

image

If you haven’t heard of this new technique, it is the new UV3 technique that goes on as easily as nail polish but is SUPPOSED to be chip-free for 14 days. My sister had good results from hers but needless to say after 2 days mine were already coming off completely. I was really disappointed, but I was willing to give them a second chance and they were forced happy to give me a new set of nails.. I forgive you, Nails Beautiful.

3. Rodeo Season is here, y’all!

image

One of my favorite times of the year! I AM SO EXCITED.

Well, that is all I am giving you for now because The Rodeo deserves an entire post for itself. it is that great.

Goodnight!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments truly bring me BLISS! Thank you!!