Thursday, February 10, 2011

Hablá Español?

Learning to speak Spanish has always been something I have wanted to do.... so why not do it!? Around New Year's I had been thinking a lot about all of the things that I have wanted to do, but never end of doing them... and for no good reason! That was the beginning of this whole blog idea. I woke up one day tired of constantly making excuses for why I don't do things or finish things that I really want to do. We have one life, one beautiful life that God gave us, we should be living everyday to the very fullest because I know that is what He would want for us. Therefore.... tonight was my first Spanish class! My “teacher” is a friend from work, Kate, who graduated with a Spanish degree, and has lived in Spain and Ecuador! Needless to say, she can speak Spanish amazingly well and even better, she used to be a teacher, so she has the teaching side down pat as well. The first class was a huge success! Kate spoke Spanish the entire time, which was incredibly overwhelming at first, but she provided helpful handouts and great tips for following along (taking note of words that I do not know and looking them up later). I have picked up some great phrases and words already, it is so exciting!! I am even more excited that I am finally following through with something that I have been wanting to do for so long and I even recruited a few additional coworkers to join in! Today we ate lunch together and talked in Spanish and about Spanish – it was so much fun! I can’t wait to learn more and who knows… maybe I will be writing posts in Spanish soon Winking smile

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments truly bring me BLISS! Thank you!!