Monday, February 28, 2011

Rodeo Recap & the cab ride from hell.

Oh what a weekend. I hope you took the weekend to do something relaxing, fun, or check something off that was on your to do list. If you read Friday’s post, I’m sure you can guess what I did all weekend and man, did we have a great time!! We ate lots of great BBQ, listened to some great music, hung out with good friends and met some new ones. All in all the cook-off never disappoints and this year was no different! I didn’t take a bunch of pictures.. I was busy havin’ fun, but here are a few!

100_1269

100_1258

Welcome to Texas, y’all!

100_1260

100_1262

The boys

100_1263

100_1270

Rich O’Toole band – awesome!!

100_1256

You never know what Texans are gonna do!

100_1259

Me and my cowboy Winking smile

We were responsible of course and took a cab there and back and boy was that an interesting ride!

The cab driver started it off by arguing with a cop (we should’ve known what we were getting ourselves into right then), then he was driving 95 mph on the freeway, weaving in and out of cars. I was gripping my boyfriends arm the whole way! THEN we get home safely but he decides that he would rather have cash so he offers to take us to an ATM. The first ATM we try is out of order so he pulls back on the road and stops at a red light. He proceeds to look us and say “Those red light camera things are over with, right??” and runs the light…..

The Second ATM we try is out of order as well, he pulls back on the road and instead of turning right and making a U-turn at the median, he decides to go LEFT on a one way street into oncoming traffic. As he pulls up to the third ATM he hits a curb and a bush and that one is out of order as well … finally the FOURTH ATM works, we get our cash and we are SO happy to finally be headed home. As he is reversing out of the parking spot ….he hits a parked car. Unbelievable.

We ended up walking the rest of the way home.

What a bizarre, crazy experience. I realize now how dangerous all of that sounds but really in the moment of it all my friends and I could not stop cracking up laughing. It was just one of those “are we on candid camera?” moments. Definitely the cherry on top of our night.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments truly bring me BLISS! Thank you!!