Friday, February 24, 2012

Grab your boots, your jeans and your turquoise….

It is THAT time of year. If you don’t know what I’m referring to, bless your heart. ITS RODEO TIME!

I have been so busy that it didn’t hit me until we got all our cook-off passes yesterday but then it really sunk in when I spotted the trail ride riding through town.

image

If you still don’t know what I’m talking about you can read my posts from last year, here and here

To sum it up, if you didn’t know, the Houston Rodeo is the biggest and best Rodeo in the world! Real cowboys ride in from all over to meet up at the Houston Rodeo. And the Rodeo Cook-off is a huge BBQ cooking contest (about 300 competitors fighting for the title of best BBQ) kicks off the Rodeo every year. Picture it: tents and tents and tents of the best BBQ in the world, drinks and music. pretty much it is HEAVEN. I can’t stress enough, before you die, visiting the Houston Rodeo and Cook-off HAS to be on your bucket list! Would I ever lead you astray??

image

image

image

image

Same guy two years in a row! He always dresses like a cow!

image

image

image

image

Not only do us Texans go out for the BBQ, drinks and country music, Rodeo also calls for a certain kind of fashion! Jeans, boots and turquoise is usually the Rodeo staple outfit

Here is my inspiration for this year

image

Even if you do not have the joy of a Rodeo in your town, I urge you to find your inner Texan and dress like you do!

Have a great weekend, y’all!!

2 comments:

Your comments truly bring me BLISS! Thank you!!