Wednesday, May 4, 2011

I’m back!!

First things first, as you all know there were AWFUL tornados that affected several states last week. My sister lives in Birmingham, Alabama and THANK GOD she is fine. However, there are thousands that are not. A few people who I know personally lost a friend in the storms and had their homes destroyed. I thought Hurricane Ike was bad!! (I went 16 days without electricity & water) but I cannot even imagine what these people are going through. I know friends who were supposed to graduate college this month and now cannot, many having to leave their homes behind, some even losing everything they owned or even worse, a daughter, son, or friend. My heart aches for all the people affected by these awful storms so we gotta help them out, people!! Here’s how:

  • Text "REDCROSS" to 90999 to make a $10 donation to the American Red Cross (or click link to donate online). Once you send your text you will receive a reply asking to confirm your donation by texting “YES.”  A moment later you will receive another message asking if you’d like to specify how your donation should be used.  Reply with the corresponding number (for me it was #1) to support Red Cross Disaster Relief.  Your $10 one-time donation will be added to your cell phone bill or deducted from your prepaid balance.
  • Text “TORNADO” to 50555 to donate $10 to The United Way Central Alabama Tornado Disaster Fund (or click link to donate online).  Once you send your text you will receive a reply asking to confirm your donation by texting “YES.”  Your $10 one-time donation will be added to your cell phone bill or deducted from your prepaid balance. 
  • Text “FOOD” to 27722 to donate $10 to the West Alabama Food Bank.  Once you send your text you will receive a reply asking to confirm your donation by texting “YES.”  Your $10 one-time donation will be added to your cell phone bill or deducted from your prepaid balance.
  • Go shopping!  Organizations like Christian Service Mission, a nonprofit organization in Birmingham, AL, are currently collecting and distributing donated items to families in need (follow them on Facebook or Twitter for up-to-date lists of most needed items).  Out-of-towners can purchase needed supplies online using the Alabama Tornado Support and Relief Wishlist created by my friend Beth on Amazon.com.  Your online purchases from this list will be shipped to Christian Service Mission for distribution.

Now…I do sincerely apologize for my absence lately, like I said I was going through some pretty BIG stuff, then had to deal with finals but now I’m doing much better and BACK to blogging!! Smile

Here is what I’ve been loving lately:

1. Houston weather lately has been un-freaking-believable. I probably shouldn’t talk about it, but it has been in the 70’s SUNNY, WINDY and gorgeous!! Perfect patio sitting, outside running, tanning weather!! LOOOOOVE it!

image

2. Skinny girl ritas! If you have been reading you should know I LOVE my margaritas. So naturally, I finally came across a liquor store that had Bethenny’s bottled skinny girl ritas and they are SO yummy! And just in time for Cinco De Mayo tomorrow – woohoo!! Love this holiday- an excuse for MEXICAN food & ritas – YES please… and add this gorgeous weather to the mix – I will be one happy girl tomorrow!

image

Well, actually tonight! I am starting the Cinco De Mayo festivities early and trying a new recipe – fish tacos!! YUM! I’ll post pictures and a recipe tomorrow (if all goes well) Smile

image

TARGET! I love this place so much! I don’t know why more people, don’t. I always get compliments on items I’m wearing and when I reply “Target!” people always seem so stunned! Hello, look around!! People who know me, know that I love this place because not only is it a one stop shop but I also LOVE a bargain! Look at my recent target finds:

image

Gold charm bracelet with stones – $24.99 – great quality and I have gotten SO many compliments on this!! I love love love it!

Loving the ENTIRE Calypso line:

 

image

$39.99

image

$36.99

image

LOVE these and for only $29.99!!!

image

Perfect tote for summer – $19.99

What are you loving lately!!?

1 comment:

  1. You already know that I love your bracelet (as I informed you on Monday). I love, love, LOVE that tote!

    Btw-what's the difference between the Skinny Girl margaritas and regular ones? I LOVE margaritas, but they are SO bad for you.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments truly bring me BLISS! Thank you!!